Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How God Saves The Life Of Former TheBeatFm99.9's OAP

December is going to an end while Christmas is fast approaching either, yesterday evening I was surfing the net (via Facebook) then I saw a post by the former TheBeatFm99.9 OAP Ayo where he stated that his car was hitted by a run-away truck, I happened to be one of his many fans when he was still on BeatFm.

He had this to say "The traffic situation looked bad.  I was driving towards a recording studio in the early afternoon on the 13th day of November. I looked ahead and was really shocked that the traffic was that bad at that time of the day.

I decided to change lanes so I could use an alternative route to get to my destination.  Little did I know that that decision would save my life. A few minutes later, I heard the noise of metal crunching as a car smashed into another. At first, I was not perturbed by the sound.  Suddenly, I heard it again. I slowly turned my head to the left looking to see who hit whom.  Without notice, the bus to my left came flying towards me. Luckily the driver maneuvered his bus towards the front side of my car.  On impact, the window glass shattered and the car went flying into the bushes.  Helplessly, I grabbed the handle of my car, screamed God’s name and tried NOT to fly down the woods.  It all happened within 10 seconds, then silence and the gradual elation as I realized I was alive and safe.

I quickly jumped out of the car to notice the huge truck had not stopped.  It was slowly coming to a halt and was clearing cars out of its path.  At the end, there were about 6-7 cars badly damaged by the 20 seconds incident.  A few minutes before the incident, I was in the exact same lane the truck was in.

I came out of the car shocked but grateful.  As I walked around to assess the damage, a young girl was on her knees praising God for her life.  People walked about pulling young children out of the windows of the bus for fear of an explosion or the need for medical attention.  Some ran straight to the truck driver’s side.  I feared the worst.  ‘They might end up lynching him if any lives are lost’ I thought.

For the first time in a long time, I saw Nigerians show a little heart and concern for themselves.  An old man walked around encouraging many that were alive. Another man walked around praying for those that made it.  Passersby slowed down and said words of encouragement and praised God. People called ‘home’ to tell their loved ones of the ugly incident and I heard them say “I’m alive o.”

No comments:

Post a Comment