Wednesday, December 12, 2012

PHOTOS: Rihanna taks off her panties…again

What do you know, we get to see Rihanna with her panties off twice in year!
Riri posted some photos of herself on Instagram with only her bra on, revealing a large chunk of her body while she sipped from a cup.
In November 2012, the Bajan star made headlines when she covered the popular US monthly men’s magazine GQ without any panties.
It’s gradually becoming a norm for the 24-year-old…

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dr Frabz robbed again!

Sad news for talented musician Dr Frabz who says he was robbed on December 4, 2012 in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
According to singer-producer, his MacBook Pro along with other valuables including his house key were carted away by robbers. Apparently, he was not present when the robbery took place.
My car was burgled dis morning, my laptops r gone,in lekki phs 1,kai,I’m so sad! So if u come across any macbook pro looking odd like me,plz hola‘, he said on his Twitter page.
On December 29, 2011 the chubby looking producer was robbed at gunpoint in Ketu while returning from an Industry Nite event.







Laide Bakare joins the music industry with record label

Nollywood actress, Laide Bakare has kicked off her journey into the music scene with the launch of her record label, Simline Records.
The actress says her decision to set up a label is because of her interest in the growth of the music industry, and that of the entertainment industry generally, ‘Simline Records is borne out of my love for music and the art. My interest is solely to help identify, grow and support talented youths’ she said.
Bakare made her acting debut in 1999 and recently won BON awards for best Costume for her movie Jejere, which featured musician 9ice as a lead actor.
She says the movie and her label will be launched next year and will be tagged ‘The Laide Bakare Experience’.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Enebeli Elebuwa is dead.

The death has been reported of Nollywood actor, Enebeli Elebuwa who passed away in the early hours of today, Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
Confirming the news to NET, the PRO of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Frank Dallas, described the veteran actor as a friend, brother and veteran that will be greatly missed by both colleagues and the Nollywood community as a whole.
Elebuwa, 65, had been battling with an undisclosed illness for over a year and was reported to be responding to treatment in an India hospital, where he was being treated until the sad announcement.
His death comes shortly after that of other veteran actors like Akin Ogungbe, who died last week, as well as Pete Eneh, who passed on last month.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Poko! Listen to Tonto Dikeh and Terry G on ‘Crazically fit’

Forget the thousands of downloads she had on her first two singles ‘Get hi‘ and ‘Itz ova, they were a bunch of crap, but if you thought Ms Tonto Dike would stop there, think again.
The Nollywood actress has realised her mistake and has reinforced her music career with some major help from pop singer-producer Terry G.
Their duet aptly titled ‘Crazically fit’ is a pop influenced sound which will get those desired club spins. If that was the mission, Dikeh has accomplished this one.
What do you think about the new song?

The Royal baby is on the way! Kate Middleton is pregnant!

It’s very official, Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge — are expecting their first child.
The happy news was made known in a statement from the Royal House on Monday, November 3, 2012.
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.
The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter‘.
William and Kate, both 30 tied the knot at an elaborate wedding on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey.

Baba Suwe yet to receive his N25m from NDLEA one year after arrest

On October 13, 2012, Nigerian actor and movie producer Babatunde Omidina better known as Baba Suwe was taken into custody and detained by officers of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency under the assumption that he was in possession of hard drugs believed to be cocaine.
Baba Suwe was arrested at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, on his way to Paris, France to attend a naming ceremony of an Air France staff scheduled for Saturday, October 15, 2011. He was supposed to be the master of ceremony at the event.
According to the agency’s head of public affairs, the actor had tested positive to drug ingestion and was immediately placed under observation. And so the days kept rolling by; attracting local and international media to the Baba Suwe-NDLEA case as the agency and whole world waited for the actor to excrete the alleged drugs he had ingested.
There is reasonable ground for suspicion and the actor is currently under observation. He is fine and has gone for the first excretion but no drug had been found on him. We have in the past recovered drugs after the fourth excretion. It is just the normal process for all passengers’, Hamza Umar, NDLEA Airport commander disclosed on day six of Baba Suwe’s dentention.
On October 21, a Federal High Court granted the NDLEA a further 15 days to detain Baba Suwe after presenting evidence that suggest the actor had swallowed ‘large amounts of drugs’ in his body.
On November 1, the actor made his first court appearance and thus begun the most profiled celebrity court cases of 2012. Justice Yetunde Idowu at the Ikeja High Court granted Baba Suwe on bail in sum of N500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira). On November 4, the actor became a free man again.
He might had regained freedom but had been stained with embarrassment. With the help of his counsel Bamidele Aturu, the actor dragged the NDLEA to court, suing for N100M damages for the unlawful detention which led to public humiliation. Justice Idowu on November 24 ordered the NDLEA to pay a sum of N25M (Twenty five million Naira).
It’s one year later but Baba Suwe is yet to receive a dime from the settlement. After a series of appeals and counter appeals, both parties are still in court.
Meanwhile the actor has taken advantage of the scenario and is reported to be shooting a movie over the whole ordeal.
One way or the other, Baba Suwe seems to be determined to cash out from the whole brouhaha.